I recently added another IDE drive to my system with the intent of moving the home directory to it so I can get some isolation from my system disk. Although the new drive is recognized, I end up with several messages about "dma timer expiry". After about 4 retries, the boot continues and the login prompt appears. I've found that if I remove the new drive and change the bios to indicate that it is not there, all is well. Also, if I boot from the CD, I don't get these messages and the drive is properly seen. I suspect if I were to reinstall Knoppix, everything would be set up fine, but I have spent a fair amount of time configuring and updating my system to simply trash it and restart. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? I"m suspecting a configuration file of some sort, but being new to Linux, I can't seem to find the answer. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

$695.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89