-
cannot boot off iso image
I'm running Windows XP SP1 on Dell C600
I downloaded Knoppix 3.7 to the root level of C:\ drive
I renamed the iso to knoppix.iso
I inserted and booted off the knoppix cd I burned
at the Boot prompt I entered: bootfrom=/dev/hda1/knoppix.iso
also tried bootfrom=/dev/hda1
Knoppix errors and tells me it cannot find the kernel image.
Now the cheat notes say I should use:
bootfrom=/dev/hda1/KNX.iso
but I didn't name the iso file KNX.iso
What am I doing wrong here?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2006, 07:42 PM
-
By porkrind in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 16
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 07:09 PM
-
By nicklaser in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:38 AM
-
By gtg in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 01:52 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99