Some of these laptops had problems with acpi and local apic support.
Try the following cheatcodes
linux26 nolapic #this one should work
linux26 noapic
as a last resort
linux26 noacpi
If your onboard nic doesn't work,add the noscsi option.
Good Luck
I installed knoppix on my desktop no problems, works beautiful.
I took my same cd and attempted to install on my laptop but after the computer posts and I press a key to boot from the cd-rom it just hangs.
Other linux distro's boot up (fedora install cd) and also winxp cd that came with laptop also boots from the cd-rom drive. Does anyone know
of any issues with HP laptops?
Some of these laptops had problems with acpi and local apic support.
Try the following cheatcodes
linux26 nolapic #this one should work
linux26 noapic
as a last resort
linux26 noacpi
If your onboard nic doesn't work,add the noscsi option.
Good Luck
I had to type:
fb1024x768
to get mine to 'not hang'.
my ze4240 needs cheat codes since about 3.3 or 3.4, didn't before that. I use knoppix noscsi acpi=off
I am running the exact same model. Here's the boot options I use:
boot: knoppix26 fb1024x768
That should get you into graphical mode just fine. I'm starting a thread for this and some other issues i have solved on my own.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$236.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00