-
No graphics when booting (like dos)
I seem to have a problem with a previously clean hard drive install. After the screen with the linux penguin where it verifies files etc, I get nothing. It just says log in at the bottom with a cursor as opposed to going to the knoppix screen with the graphics log in. Then once logged in it continues to opperate in this DOS like mode (kind of like being stuck in a terminal permanently). Does anyone have any clue how to recover or do I need to reinstall? If I reinstall will I lose everything? And yes, I did make a boot disk, but it seems to do nothing as far as solving the problem, almost as if it doesn't see it.
Thanks,
Brande
Similar Threads
-
By Ursa585 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
-
By Hr.Viktor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 11:25 AM
-
By Hobbieman in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
-
By rookworm in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:16 AM
-
By rmayer1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic
$299.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00