-
Install just won't work
Hi,
I am trying to install Knoppix to my hard drive. The hard disk is emtpy. I have booted with the Knoppix CD and gone to the console. I have made sure that I have a swap partition (hda2, 510MB, primary, type 82) and a main boot partition (hda1, type 83, bootable) that I created with cfdisk.
Whenever I type knoppix-installer I get a window with the following message:
"The installer detected that the installation requirements are not fullfilled yet. Please make sure that you have a free partition with at least 2GB to install Knoppix on. Also we need a swap partition with at least 128MB, if you don't have 512MB memory or more. In the following menu, you can start some tools to partition your hard drive."
I click OK and get the following window:
"1. Partition - Partition the hard disk
2. Quit - Quit the program"
I choose option 1 and then get the following window:
"() hds QUANTUM FIREBALL lct10 10 (10.2626 GB)"
I click NEXT and then I always get the following message:
"Opened disk read only - you have no permission to write"
Followed by:
"Cannot read disk drive. Press any key to continue"
I haver tried installed using the: IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer but as soon as I start to install I get an error window saying:
"Error: Formatting of failed: Some messages from mkfs.ext3: Usage: mkfs.ext3 [-c:-t:-l filename] [-b block-size] [-f fragment size] [-i bytes-per-inode] [-j] [-J journal-options] [-N number-of-inodes] [-m reserved-blocks-percentage] [o-creator-os] [-g
What am I doing wrong?
Can someone please help me?
MadDoc,
Similar Threads
-
By podo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-25-2006, 01:06 PM
-
By kill_mickey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 02:14 AM
-
By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 06:51 PM
-
By LLB34B in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 05:45 PM
-
By sevengraff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 02:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72