-
No graphics when booting (like dos)
I seem to have a problem with a previously clean hard drive install. After the screen with the linux penguin where it verifies files etc, I get nothing. It just says log in at the bottom with a cursor as opposed to going to the knoppix screen with the graphics log in. Then once logged in it continues to opperate in this DOS like mode (kind of like being stuck in a terminal permanently). Does anyone have any clue how to recover or do I need to reinstall? If I reinstall will I lose everything? And yes, I did make a boot disk, but it seems to do nothing as far as solving the problem, almost as if it doesn't see it.
Thanks,
Brande
Similar Threads
-
By Ursa585 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
-
By Hr.Viktor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 11:25 AM
-
By Hobbieman in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
-
By rookworm in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:16 AM
-
By rmayer1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512
$65.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00