-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
manjo
WELL I DID NOT!
You should always make a boot floppy no matter what the OS.
I used the windozzzz XP disk to reset my MBR, then I reinstalled my HDD partition again with knopix, peace-a-cake,
Did you choose 'yes' when it asked to install LILO to the MBR?
but again, after the install was complete I checked my lilo config, everything was ok,
In lilo.conf it will tell you if you installed LILO to your /root directory or the MBR. MBR is of course hda1. Your /root directory is the same one you installed Knoppix to.
I ran lilo just to make sure,

same problem,
What was the output when you ran /sbin/lilo?
I tried a debain woody install disk, same problems agian. I will try with grub reply to this mailing list. So far my experience with lilo..... IT SUCKS!
Since LILO is the most commonly used boot loader for Linux I would venture to guess that it was user error.
LILO works flawlessly for me. If you're still interested in using LILO post your lilo.conf and some hard drive partition details and we'll see if we can get it fixed up for you.
Similar Threads
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy
$499.99

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2
$75.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99