Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: burning cds/dvds under knopix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    burning cds/dvds under knopix

    I've got folllowinng problem. MyWinXP Pro got probably totally screwed and I cant even boot all the way to desktop, says that HD is unreadable. So I tried Knoppix 3.7 to access a HD and everey file that I tried to open opened successfuly. Now I'd like to backup my data (preferably on dvds, got dvd writer) before I do low level format of the HD. The problem is that I can't find any software on knoppix 3.7 that would allow mee to do that. I am abroad now and have very limited computing resources, otherwise I would do it some other way. Is there any software on knoppix that would allow me to burn from hda1 to cdcs or dvds? Can anybdy here please hep me with this.I am not very experienced user of linux, however I can get my self around. Thx a lot.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    I would think Knoppix 3.7 still has K3B

    Try hiting

    Alt-F2 and then typing k3b at the prompt.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix The Player Of DVDs
    By jimbob in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 09:05 AM
  2. Playing dvds
    By jjman123 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 11:31 PM
  3. plx i really want to play dvds!
    By jjman123 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:45 AM
  4. Ordering DVDs?
    By Cooperator in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 04:44 PM
  5. Burning DVDs, k3b/growisofs and Toshiba SD-R5002
    By da.phreak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server picture

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server

$525.00



NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11 picture

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11

$450.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$374.48



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$354.48



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00



Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor

$225.00