Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help needed: Menu shortcuts Doubled

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17

    Help needed: Menu shortcuts Doubled

    Hi, all of the sudden I have this problem with the start menu in knoppix, it shows many duplicate entries...
    http://www.weedhouse2.cistron.nl/pic...enuentries.jpg

    please help, thanks in advance,
    weedje

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    weedje,

    I ( kinda ) had the same problem, but, I "did" something that caused it to happen...

    My problem started when I "lost" 90% of my menu entries... I had done ( an accidental ) "apt-get dist-upgrade", and allowed it to "force" install. Upon completion of this dasterdly thing, my KMenu was almost empty. I verified that the programs were still in existance, and was able to run them with a Command Line Interface, but the menu entries just "went away"...

    Someone suggested running a "debian" menu updater, and even the KDE menu updater... Some of my menu entries came back, and many of them were "duplicated", as it appears, what you seem to be experiencing... When I finally got all my menu entries back, my resolve....

    Manually examine each menu entry, and determine which ones you dont want, and then use menu editor to remove the offending entries. Its not the simplest, nor the easiest, and is time consuming, but, it worked ( in the long run ).

    Hope this helps,
    Ms. Cuddles

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17
    Thanks for your reply Cuddles,

    But, unfortunatly I ran apt-get upgrade and screwed over my hd install
    resulting in huge fonts and unwanted programs installed, anyways,

    I reinstalled knoppix to the harddrive and everything is back to normal, I'll try to be more carefull with installing stuff through apt-get, I think thats why the menu got messed up, because I was trying al sorts of different programs, wine, cedega, and other windows programs emulators,

    Thanks anyway

    weedje

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 03:35 PM
  2. Kde menu customize - menu item language???
    By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 06:19 PM
  3. A clean and slick menu is needed!
    By kuser123 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 01:03 PM
  4. Shortcuts help
    By ZeroKun in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
  5. Dead shortcuts in KDE menu
    By vladx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 12:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$249.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader

$571.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T480 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T480 14" FHD i5-8250U 8GB 256GB SSD Windows 11

$200.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$199.99