-
No graphics when booting (like dos)
I seem to have a problem with a previously clean hard drive install. After the screen with the linux penguin where it verifies files etc, I get nothing. It just says log in at the bottom with a cursor as opposed to going to the knoppix screen with the graphics log in. Then once logged in it continues to opperate in this DOS like mode (kind of like being stuck in a terminal permanently). Does anyone have any clue how to recover or do I need to reinstall? If I reinstall will I lose everything? And yes, I did make a boot disk, but it seems to do nothing as far as solving the problem, almost as if it doesn't see it.
Thanks,
Brande
Similar Threads
-
By Ursa585 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
-
By Hr.Viktor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 11:25 AM
-
By Hobbieman in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
-
By rookworm in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:16 AM
-
By rmayer1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00