-
Some problems after remastering
Hi everyone,
I've remastered V 3.3 fo KNOPPIX and called it as YaLICaT (Yet another Linux Information Center and Tutor). It is working fine, but I've a few minor problems: -
1. After modifying the "linuxrc" file in miniroot.gz, it is displaying the prompts/messages (Probing SCSI .., Looking for CDROM etc.) one by one each on separate line instead of replacing the old one as in original KNOPPIX (probably the effect of echo -n). I've not modified anything from the "linuxrc" except for changing KNOPPIX to YALICAT and knoppix to yalicat. Can anyone give some solution? I've used vi and kwrite editors to modify the file and all echo commands including -n option are unmodified.
2. I've modified the "init" script in /sbin directory with "khexeditor" to change the instance of knoppix to yalicat and /KNOPPIX to /YALICAT. I've also modifed the "knoppix-reboot" and "knoppix-halt" scripts to reflect the changes, but when it shuts down and unmounts the devices, it still prints "Unable to unmount /KNOPPIX, trying /dev/cloop instead". I couldn't figure out from where does this message is coming. Any idea?
3. Can someone point out from where the picture of penguine in top left corner comes from when KNOPPIX boots?
Thanks in advance...
Similar Threads
-
By Sendotux in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2006, 06:35 PM
-
By yoshu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-27-2006, 11:06 AM
-
By hennewou in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-21-2006, 11:13 PM
-
By mben in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2006, 01:13 PM
-
By Georgy#28 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99