I've been trying to remaster the original Knoppix 3.6 CD with the thought that by taking the original CD and simply remastering (i.e. not adding, changing, or removing anything) I should be able to generate a copy of the original CD. Unfortunately, the resulting ISO is about 760 MB, about 30 MB larger than the original ISO.

Original ISO:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 733499392 Aug 23 19:28 KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso
Trial 1: running Knoppix
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 763000832 Jan 30 22:49 knoppix.iso
Trial 2: running FC2
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 762980352 Jan 31 07:58 knoppix.iso
Trial 3: running FC2 with a chroot to Knoppix remaster folder
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 762990592 2005-01-31 21:48 knoppix.iso
Trial 4: running Knoppix using remaster script
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 762929152 Jan 31 23:26 KNOPPIX-CUSTOM.iso
For my notes of the different trials, see:

http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.c...ack094#trial01
http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.c...ack094#trial02
http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.c...ack094#trial03

Trial 4 used the script from http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remas...r-0.1-4.tar.gz . From reading, I now realize there's a newer version. Will try that in a bit.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.