I had the same problem. Can you tell me if you got a response?Originally Posted by Krazy
It seems as though there are not many answers to questions posted here![]()
OK guys, I am a linux newbie, so please forgive me if I sound like an idiot. I am using KNOPPIX v 3.1 (12-12-02) and can't access the internet. I have a netgear FA311 NIC with Linksys router/switch connected to cable modem. My system is a Shuttle AK32 motherboard with athalon 1.4 gig and 384mb ram. Everything else about KNOPPIX seems to work fine, just can't get on the net. any help would be appreciated. thank you!
I had the same problem. Can you tell me if you got a response?Originally Posted by Krazy
It seems as though there are not many answers to questions posted here![]()
Can you ping your router? Did knoppix detect and configure your network card properly? You can get info about this by typing "ipconfig" from the command line. Cut and paste your results back here. Also try opening a root shell and run netcardconfig then follow the wizard.
the command should be " ifconfig "
I 'think' (am guessing) that your card uses the rtl8139too module, so try this as root from a terminal or console:
modprobe rtl8139too
if you don't get any errors that is the correct NIC driver module. then still at a command line type:
ifup eth0
then ifconfig and see if you have an eth0 entry.
HTH
rock
Good Lord I was slipping into windoze thinking for a moment. Thank you RockMumbles and sorry Krazy for the confusion!Originally Posted by RockMumbles
Try
/sbin/dhclient eth0

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99