Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: cannot connect to network and internet

  1. #1

    cannot connect to network and internet

    I have a Broadcom iLine10(tm) Network Adapter in my AMD Athlon 1.4G running WinXP. It's hooked up to the phoneline to a Linksys router and a cable modem. I can't seem to get the network up and running in Knoppix, can someone help me out?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    can you see the network card in KNOPPIX or not ?

    ifconfig

  3. #3
    I'm sorry to say I'm a complete Linux/Knoppix newbie, so i don't even know how to do that. I know that when booting up it seems to find the network card and i also know that even though my network uses DHCP, when Knoppix tries to broadcast on DHCP nothing happens. Let me know how to look at hardware profiles in Knoppix and maybe i can get somewhere.

    EDIT: My brother says there's no linux driver that recognizes a homePNA network, only ones that recognize ethernet. So that's bad news 'cause my whole house uses HPNA.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    open a konsole window and do a:

    sudo ifconfig

    there should be two entries:

    eth0 ...
    ...

    lo...
    ...

    rock

  5. #5
    when i do that it only lists a 'lo', no 'eth0' even though during boot up, if says something like 'network device eth0 found. DHCP broadcasting. (background)' that's not exactly what it says, but it's close

    EDIT: I found some linux homepna drivers, but i don't know how to get Knoppix to use them, if someone could help me out, that's be great

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    broadcom iLine

    I have exactly the same issue. I also use the broadcom iLine card to connect through my phone lines to go through the router and my cable modem. (I use a generic 3Com card on a third computer to do the same thing).

    If a solution is found, I certainly would appreciate any help that is available about how to implement it. (I, also, am new to Linux--but I am certainly impressed by what I have seen so far.)

    Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads

  1. HELP!!! I CAN'T CONNECT TO THE INTERNET!
    By vzlandude in forum Networking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
  2. i can't normally connect to internet
    By linukas in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 10:13 AM
  3. internet goes down on network connect
    By ichi in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 08:53 PM
  4. connect to the internet
    By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 02:08 PM
  5. help! can't connect to internet
    By THiM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$70.00



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details picture

Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details

$95.00



Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box  picture

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box

$90.98