I'm starting to get pretty frustrated with Knoppix, all I want to do is install / mount my external firewire hard drive.
I've got a Sony Vaio Notebook with built-in firewire / 1394 and an external 160 gb hard drive. I was able to mount this drive using the USB connection (first partition only?), but because my notebook only supports USB 1.1, I decided to try Firewire. Now I can't get Knoppix to see my drive at all?
I tried the advice on past posts: modprobe ohci1394; modprobe raw1394, did a lsmod to see that the modules were loaded, then tried gscanbus and it spit out alot of error messages and died. I tried to mount the drive with "mkdir mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1", but the drive wasn't mounted. I even tried one suggestion to run the "cdrecord -scanbus", but that did nothing. I downloaded the "rescan scsi" script, and that spit out devide missing errors.
I'd post a screen dump, but I wasn't able to print one. When I installed my printer (an Epson Stylus C42US) everything looks fine, but it won't print. I tried the test print and nothing. No error messages.
What's the deal? Is device support that lousey? I'm getting frustrated.
Paul

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00