-
Install over previous ReiserFS filesystem stalls.
I've been struggling with this for a while now, first I tried to use the knoppix-hdinstall script by configuriing it, then editing it to stop the formating of the drive. It chugs along pretty good for a while, but then starts to fail with i/o errors on sr0. This effectivly stalls the system because the cdrom is inaccesable.
So, I started digging in the knoppix-hdinstall script, found the included hd module, dug around it in until I found the function used to copy and tried to manually copy the files over with the same stalling i/o errors.
Sooo, I then grabbed the Knoppix image, placed it on the harddrive, and mounted the ISO, then mounted the KOPPIX cloop iso file. I then tried to copy' the files. I figured it might just be a bad cd error but once I got to around the same files as before, it stalled again.
The Filesystem is reiserFS 3.5 and I'm using Knoppix 3.7.
Any idea's/hypothesis's/speculationse would be greatly appreciated.
mallyone...
Similar Threads
-
By Ryan450 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 10:38 AM
-
By als in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 03:09 AM
-
By plener in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By lord_taran in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 02:42 PM
-
By champagnemojo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99