-
Newly compiled kernel not recognized! HELP!
Hi everyone.
I recently installed knoppix 3.7 with 2.6.9 kernel on my hd, via knoppix-installer.
Everything was going well, until I had to compile a new kernel to provide support for a RAID controller. I downloaded the 2.6.10 vanilla kernel and an Alan Cox's patch to it.
Everything went well, after the compiling I found in /boot the /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10 and /boot/initrd.img-2.6.10 files to boot with my new kernel
I modified lilo.conf as well and ran "lilo -v" to create the new item in the lilo boot screen.... BUT...
EVERYTIME I CHOOSE 2.6.10 THE SYSTEM LOADS THE 2.6.9 ONE! 
What's happening???
Thx
--
cheesburger
Similar Threads
-
By zandoval in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 06:25 AM
-
By BalakrishM in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:25 PM
-
By hugo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 01:07 AM
-
By garyng in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 11:24 PM
-
By Sport in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 03:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server Intel Xeon E5630 4GB DDR3 No HDD
$279.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM Power8 Server Control Panel Assembly FRU PN: 00E1966 Tested Working
$19.99

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99