-
Might be a bit off-topic but it's the first time I see this problem at someonelse othe than me:
but fdisk seems to be missing from my XP install
I have the same problem with my XP Pro install. On an WIn 98 floppy boot disk I have fdisk but it reports a wrong size of my HD (120GB). It says it's only around 50 GB. I searched the MS site and found out that fdisk won't work with HDs bigger than 64GB but there's a patched version of fdisk that can do that. I downloaded it yet it says it has to be run in MS-DOS mode. Ok, I boot in MS-DOS mode, try to run it again and..."incorrect version of MS-DOS".
So, if I want to run fdisk and get the desired effects, what on Earth should I do? Of course, there are tools like Partition Magic but what if I want to do it in MS-DOS?
Similar Threads
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:08 AM
-
By Simon_Haddad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-22-2003, 08:07 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 06:26 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 03:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00