Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remastered CD is not booting

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    India
    Posts
    47

    Remastered CD is not booting

    Hi,

    I made a few changes to my remaster and prepared iso image and burned it onto a CD, but when I rebooted the system, the CD is not booting. It is an autorun under windows and is working fine there, the iso is working fine through "qemu" emulator.

    I'm stuck. Please help. I thought "boot.img" might be a problem, I transferred it to a floppy using "dd" command and it is working.

    I couldn't figure it out. The CD I made a day before this CD is working well.

    Please reply soon...

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    India
    Posts
    47

    Re: Remastered CD is not booting

    Hi,

    Yesterday I compressed the filesystem and made ISO once again, but it wouln't boot. Then I used Nero Burning ROM software in MS Windows 98 SE to make a bootable CD using boot.img as a boot image on a floppy and its works.

    When I checked the drive on which my remaster work is going on then it showed that device was not unmounted cleanly and displayed some errors and fixex them when I ran "e2fsck".

    Can someone pinpoint the reason?

Similar Threads

  1. Problem booting a remastered 5.1
    By omry in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 03:39 PM
  2. Remastered is not booting
    By hipolito in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 05:47 PM
  3. Booting a remastered environment without compression
    By metzelplik in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 09:58 PM
  4. Help me.. Error booting remastered cd (3.3)..
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 03:59 AM
  5. booting remastered knoppix from HD
    By mehlng in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU picture

Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU

$162.95



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V picture

Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V

$115.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$150.00