-
problems with Knoppix recognizing new fresh nothing-on-it hd
I made a image of my stuff on to DVD using knoppix dvd burn, I bought a brand spanking new hd (80 meg ) at a computer show, I want to use knoppix to dump all the info on the DVD on to the new HD, On com cable 1 I have ONLY the new hd connected on the end of cable, no slave, with jumper set to master ( other com cable has dvdrom reading knoppix with a dvd writer as slave....they are recognized, no problem there) Knoppix doesnt recognize, I think, the hd... the boot up sequence mentions enabling DMA for a "Hda" thinking it IS recognizint the HD ( the bios I think is recognizing the new hd, cuz it mentions sectors and stuff like that ) when I open this hda in konquerer and when I try to transfer files off DVD writer to new hd ( hda ) I get a flag saying " access denied"
how can I for sure know knop IS recognizing the new hd, how can I get the capability to transfer files, knop should say hd size right?? IT doesn't say nothing
please help
Randy
Similar Threads
-
By ApocalypticChaos in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2006, 01:15 AM
-
By oceans11 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 06:59 AM
-
By gmmiddle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 04:49 PM
-
By vlader2004 in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 01:04 AM
-
By Encrypted_File in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Great Condition Vintage Tandy Portable Disk Drive 26-3808 3.5 in Floppy Drive
$179.95

Vintage Apple Mouse IIc A2M4015 Original Box Manual Foam Tested Working NOS
$114.99

4 Rare Vintage S-100 Video Boards
$595.00

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99