Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How To Mount

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    lebanon
    Posts
    3

    How To Mount

    Hallo All I Used To Have Windows And I Have A Partition That I Put My Files In It But Now I'am Using knoppix But I Can't Copy File Or Add Any Thing On My Partition Can Any One Help Me

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: How To Mount

    Quote Originally Posted by Wassim
    Hallo All I Used To Have Windows And I Have A Partition That I Put My Files In It But Now I'am Using knoppix But I Can't Copy File Or Add Any Thing On My Partition Can Any One Help Me
    It's easy to mount partitions in Knoppix (so easy one wonders why you even ask), but it is important to know what type of parition it is if you are planning on copying files to the partition. Knoppix should never be used to write to an NTFS partition, it will corrupt the partition. You should have desktop icons that you can mount any partition just by clicking on them. You can also use the mount command from a "shell". See "man mount" for full details. You can remount FAT partitions as read/write with the mount command or by the actions menu on the desktop icons, but do not do this for NTFS partitions. Knoppix will let you do it, but will destroy your NTFS partition in the process.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    lebanon
    Posts
    3
    Man I Have An NTFS Partition Is Their Any Wany I Can Put Files And Delete But I Had Saw Every Time I Enter The Partition The Sine On Mount Apper On The Icon As If Their Is Auto Mount

Similar Threads

  1. MOUNT /USR
    By dvryknopper in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:19 PM
  2. USB HDD help with mount
    By kraydl in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 03:53 AM
  3. nfs mount: mount: RPC: Program not registered
    By markpelletier in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
  4. Can't Mount USB hdd
    By nemof in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:37 PM
  5. mount-aes ???
    By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854 picture

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854

$225.00



Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs picture

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs

$49.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$54.99