-
Newbie needs help: Errors when running knoppix-installer
I wanted to try knoppix on my hard drive, but for some reason the knoppix-installer is giving me some problems.
First, right now I have the following partitions on my hard drive: 26GB NTFS for windows, and 4GB of unpartitioned space which I wanted to use to try out knoppix from the hard drive.
I tried the following both by using the standard kernel and the newer one by typing knoppix26:
1) from the terminal window, i typed "sudo knoppix-installer". A dialog comes up saying that I don't meet the requirements (but isn't 4GB enough for a standard installation?)
2) I typed "IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer". I start by selecting a "beginner" installation. But when I click Next, I get some error from Xdialog (I think) and the terminal window displays the help for the xdialog command?? The the installation quits.
After, I tried to reboot with the "knoppix 2" (text mode) option, and run "IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer" again. Still, after choosing the "beginner" installation, I would immediately get this:
Fatal dialog error:
Error: Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4.
Use --help to list options.
And the installation would abort.
Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone help? Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By pvsurfer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 12:06 AM
-
By muzicman82 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By apoth in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 01:06 AM
-
By snake001 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 11:29 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 06:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch
$89.99