Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: Using Knoppix CD to Boot Kanotix ISO?

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    Yes, md5summer works. I just made a test file from the ISO and checked it against the md5 i downloaded and they were all shiny and happy and identical. By the way....I can't seem to get LILO to work, and GRUB (came with Kanotix) is turd. How do I make LILO work? And whick flipping file am I supposed to download?

  2. #22
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowood
    Yes, md5summer works. I just made a test file from the ISO and checked it against the md5 i downloaded and they were all shiny and happy and identical......
    Good. It is well worth checking md5s for knoppix and related downloads, I've had a number of bad downloads from the Knoppix mirrors. I've used md5 sums for some other handy things too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kowood
    ... By the way....I can't seem to get LILO to work, and GRUB (came with Kanotix) is turd. How do I make LILO work? ......
    My only use of lilo is to let it install to the Linux partition. That way I don't have to fool around with editing config files or reinstalling it. I use XOSL or Smart Boot Manager on systems that I boot Linux from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kowood
    ..... And whick flipping file am I supposed to download?
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix v kanotix
    By dvryknopper in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 02:56 AM
  2. Knoppix( or Kanotix) 3.8.2 or 4.0.2 install
    By jln_d in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 09:29 AM
  3. KNOPPIX and KANOTIX: why not merge?
    By tablet_guy in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 06:54 PM
  4. How do Kanotix boot with initrd=noinitrd.img?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 04:18 PM
  5. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro picture

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro

$179.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718 picture

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718

$22.00



Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D picture

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D

$339.99



Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter picture

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter

$34.99