Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: Using Knoppix CD to Boot Kanotix ISO?

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    Yes, md5summer works. I just made a test file from the ISO and checked it against the md5 i downloaded and they were all shiny and happy and identical. By the way....I can't seem to get LILO to work, and GRUB (came with Kanotix) is turd. How do I make LILO work? And whick flipping file am I supposed to download?

  2. #22
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowood
    Yes, md5summer works. I just made a test file from the ISO and checked it against the md5 i downloaded and they were all shiny and happy and identical......
    Good. It is well worth checking md5s for knoppix and related downloads, I've had a number of bad downloads from the Knoppix mirrors. I've used md5 sums for some other handy things too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kowood
    ... By the way....I can't seem to get LILO to work, and GRUB (came with Kanotix) is turd. How do I make LILO work? ......
    My only use of lilo is to let it install to the Linux partition. That way I don't have to fool around with editing config files or reinstalling it. I use XOSL or Smart Boot Manager on systems that I boot Linux from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kowood
    ..... And whick flipping file am I supposed to download?
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix v kanotix
    By dvryknopper in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 02:56 AM
  2. Knoppix( or Kanotix) 3.8.2 or 4.0.2 install
    By jln_d in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 09:29 AM
  3. KNOPPIX and KANOTIX: why not merge?
    By tablet_guy in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 06:54 PM
  4. How do Kanotix boot with initrd=noinitrd.img?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 04:18 PM
  5. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day picture

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day

$188.24



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00



Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book picture

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book

$37.49