when kliking on applications, what should I answer to the two prompts of whether to copy data to /etc and to /var? And what is effectively the difference if I click yes or no?
when kliking on applications, what should I answer to the two prompts of whether to copy data to /etc and to /var? And what is effectively the difference if I click yes or no?
In principle, klik copies nothing to your system except the cmg file. One exception is configuration and runtime data that some applications look for in /etc and /var. If you are running from Live CD, then you can always answer these questions with "yes" since /etc and /var do not "remember" their content. If you are using a HD install, then I would try "no" first and if the application refuses to work, you could always try with "yes" later. Klik asks because otherwise you might accidentally overwrite your settings with the default settings (in case you klik an app that you have already installed and configured).
Greetings,
probono

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone MC745LL/A COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Approx 110 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Lot Games Software Utilities Vtg
$90.00
Vintage Apple III Joystick Cursor III - A3M0010
$99.00
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99