Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Unsuccessful with gnucash and gimp

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30

    Unsuccessful with gnucash and gimp

    I really like the idea of Klik. I am running with a hd installation of Knotix 7.
    I really like the notion of installing self-contained applocations. I have had many
    experiences where an updated library stopped an application from running; this happened twice last year with gnucash. Also, when I go from one version of Knoppix to the next, I have to reinstall a fairly large number of applications.

    That said I have had trouble with several of the applications that I have installed via klik. Only two of five have been successful. The most important two to me were
    gnucash and gimp.

    gnucash download and set up OK but when I tried executing it, I got the message:

    /mnt/app/1/usr////lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: /mnt/app/1/usr////bin/guile-1.6: No such file or directory
    /mnt/app/1/usr////lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: exec: /mnt/app/1/usr////bin/guile-1.6: cannot execute: No such file or directory

    Gimp would not download; the message was:

    The file or folder /debian/pool/main/gimp/gimp-data_2.2.3-1_all.deb does not exist. Is there something that I can do to get around these errors.

    Finally a suggestion, I would really like to see the download process be restartable. I live with a slow dialup line and expect that the cmg files to be quite large.

    I am pleased with abiword. I moved the cmg file to ~/cmg and set an bash alias to "~/.zAppRun ~/cmg/abiword.cmg". Now I can invoke abiword with the command abi.

    Again, I applaud your efforts.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Which distro are you using? (Kanotix includes both gnucash and gimp).

    Greetings,
    probono

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Unsuccessful with gnucash and gimp

    Quote Originally Posted by rozen
    /mnt/app/1/usr////lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: /mnt/app/1/usr////bin/guile-1.6: No such file or directory
    /mnt/app/1/usr////lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: exec: /mnt/app/1/usr////bin/guile-1.6: cannot execute: No such file or directory
    It's indeed a bug, you can fix this by:

    klik://gnucash
    ln -s /usr/bin/guile-1.6 /tmp/klik/gnucash/usr/bin/
    mkcramfs /tmp/klik/gnucash/ ~/Desktop/gnucash.cmg

    Greetings,
    probono

Similar Threads

  1. Koppix 5 on a Compaq Evo n400c and GNUCash
    By 4ndr0j34nz in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 10:40 PM
  2. gnucash
    By damoncf in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 11:27 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 08:03 AM
  4. Gnucash for Knoppix?
    By salmansheikh in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2003, 03:18 PM
  5. unsuccessful boot from scsi cdrom
    By sireasoning in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 01:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays

$599.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount

$489.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00