Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix locking up on boot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix locking up on boot

    HI, I am new to Linux and a friend gave me a full version Linux suite to install on an extra PC I have, but before I tried it I thought I would try Knoppix to get a general feel for Linux before I install it to make sure I like it, anyway I dloaded the ISO and burned it to a CD, I reboot my PC and it loads to the Knoppix screen, so I typed in Knoppix and everything starts loading until it gets to a part where it says

    Scanning for hard disk partitions and creating /etc/fstab...

    Then it stops there and does nothing more, my understanding was that this would run entirely from a CD, do I need to create a partition for it?
    I have used the check cd to verify the CD and it said everything was OK and I verified the checksums and everything was OK there to.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    You may have to boot with hardware detection off.
    That's just my guess. Check out the knoppix "cheatcodes"
    here: http://www.knoppix.nl/3.7/knoppix-cheatcodes.txt

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.1 locking up after booting up fine
    By Oldlock15 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 08:25 PM
  2. locking the screen
    By jbeck in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 09:20 AM
  3. 3.8.1 started locking up
    By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
  4. Locking up on boot getting very annoyed!!
    By Zeus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:52 AM
  5. THUMBDRIVE locking up Knoppix...........why?
    By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B) picture

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)

$575.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor picture

USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor

$250.00



Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New

$284.79