-
Editing MyConfigs File
How does one edit the saved configs.tbz file in my root directory. I tried editing it in Windows using WinRAR to open and save with notepad as the editor. I saved the old file and tried the new. There were errors of all kinds. How should I edit this in Linux. For Example my network card is listed as Disabled in this saved file. I want to at least enable it rather than having to install it everytime I run Knoppix. I anm a real Newbee. Any help would be appreciated.
Nesser
-
Senior Member
registered user
The file extension .tbz is 'shorthand' for .tar.bz. .bz is a form of zip compression. WinRAR would not be able to open this type of compressed file. In order to open this in Linux I would do this from the command prompt:
cd /the_directory_that_contains_the_file
tar xvjf configs.tbz
Then you will see a new file named 'configs'
cd configs
ls
This will show you everything in the uncompressed file.
Similar Threads
-
By photosoupguru in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:26 AM
-
By apun in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 08:06 AM
-
By jtsai256 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 07:00 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 09:05 AM
-
By Carnyride79 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-06-2003, 08:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested
$29.99

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$159.95

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

SK Hynix 32GB (4 x 8GB) DIMM DDR4 2133 2Rx8 ECC Memory RAM HMA41GR7AFR8N
$109.99