Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Nessus-Update-Plugins Troubleshooting (Hard Disk Install)

  1. #1

    Nessus-Update-Plugins Troubleshooting (Hard Disk Install)

    I am pretty new to Knoppix, so this may be a lame newb question. Whenever I attempt a nessus-update-plugins (root), I get athe following error.

    Open /var/lib/nessus/nessus/nessus_org.pem : No such file or directory

    Anyone know how to correct this? I would like to be able to update my plugins.

    Velvet

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220
    Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get remove nessus
    apt-get install nessus
    nessus-update-plugins
    i just did a check on my pc and there is no /var/lib/nessus/nessus/ but there is a /var/lib/nessus were the plugins are kept.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5
    I'm using 3.7 and on 3.7, no amount of goofing I have done will make apt-get work right.

    I tried getting nessus to work. Failed. Here's what I have tried:

    Update script posted:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...&view=previous

    But, that doesn't work because nessus-update-plugins says I'm not root!!
    (what the?! Su, root shell, nothing works! finger = no users logged on. Grumble. Try to turn on ssh so I can ssh localhost. Do NOT... NOT TRY TO ENABLE SSH SERVER, it is broken!!)

    So, cp nessus-update-plugins ~, vi & comment out "exit" line and run from ~. It didn't seem to work quite correctly, I think the previous script posted in the forum needs to be updated. (also, to run it you need to adduser which means, you guessed it, more cp ~ and edit)

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    -Dan

Similar Threads

  1. updating Nessus plugins
    By uber in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 08:17 PM
  2. Nessus-update-plugins
    By victorhooi in forum Ideas
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 03:27 AM
  3. Updating nessus plugins in KNOPPIX
    By ehoward777 in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:36 AM
  4. Nessus plugins, again....
    By jafo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2003, 11:24 AM
  5. Nessus plugins
    By timix in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed picture

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed

$136.87



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$1029.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$41.19