-
Usb Compact flash problems
Guys,
Knoppix recognized my usb connected compact flash card ( 64 meg ) I was transferring files to it, and it just seized up after about 10 meg transferred. I reformatted the flash in win98, the flash will only transfer over 8 meg, and then the flash seizes up in Knop AND in win 98, ONLY permitting about 8 meg to be transferred for both operating systems
what happened? I thought it was the card, I got a new one sent to me and the same damn thing happened again to the new card, and windoze has a hard time reformatting the flash AND scan disking the flash, win 98 seizes up after scanning only 8000 or so blocks/sectors-whatever
Basically I have a flash card that is 64 meg but will only allow 8 meg transferred
Help
Randy
-
Senior Member
registered user
Tell me about it, heads/sectors and partitions! - I find that my cheap digital camera formats compact flash cards correctly and (believe it or not) this is what I tend to use. In a shell you could try:-
fdisk /dev/sda (or maybe try cfdisk? - you do know what the 'f' in 'fdisk' stands for.....?) then:-
mkdosfs /dev/sda1
Funny that W98 doesn't do it correctly, don't you think?
Stoo.....
-
heyyyyy...yea, use the digital camara to format it, i'll try it, and see if I recover 64 meg capacity
Similar Threads
-
By jjbergdolt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-20-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By monckywrench in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
-
By jbwalters in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 12:18 AM
-
By knewbex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 02:00 AM
-
By dunbar in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99