I have KNoppix 3.4 installed on my second HD. I want to upgrade to 3.7
Do I use apt-get dist upgrade?
Please, please help
The other question is, does it also upgrade KDE to the latest version?
Many thanks,
KB[/quote]
I have KNoppix 3.4 installed on my second HD. I want to upgrade to 3.7
Do I use apt-get dist upgrade?
Please, please help
The other question is, does it also upgrade KDE to the latest version?
Many thanks,
KB[/quote]
For a newbie, the best way to install the latest version of knoppix is to download the CD and install it the same way you did the first time. apt-get dist-upgrades are highly dangerous and will likely turn on a bunch of daemons by default that you have no use for. Knoppix is very optimized out of the box, but running a dist-upgrade on it will kind of mess up that divine balance. Best suggestion: back up your data and home directory, and install the latest version over the old one. This will bring you up to a very current version of KDE btw.
I am a newbie to linux. I have installed older version of knoppix, knoppix 3.2, on my pc and I'd like to upgrade it to knoppix 3.7. I have already burn the cd of3.7, now I would jst like someone to help me with steps of upgrading on the installed version.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$365.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$189.99
HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00