-
Newbie Upgrade question
I have KNoppix 3.4 installed on my second HD. I want to upgrade to 3.7
Do I use apt-get dist upgrade?
Please, please help
The other question is, does it also upgrade KDE to the latest version?
Many thanks,
KB[/quote]
-
Senior Member
registered user
For a newbie, the best way to install the latest version of knoppix is to download the CD and install it the same way you did the first time. apt-get dist-upgrades are highly dangerous and will likely turn on a bunch of daemons by default that you have no use for. Knoppix is very optimized out of the box, but running a dist-upgrade on it will kind of mess up that divine balance. Best suggestion: back up your data and home directory, and install the latest version over the old one. This will bring you up to a very current version of KDE btw.
-
I am a newbie to linux. I have installed older version of knoppix, knoppix 3.2, on my pc and I'd like to upgrade it to knoppix 3.7. I have already burn the cd of3.7, now I would jst like someone to help me with steps of upgrading on the installed version.
Similar Threads
-
By ThE_R_o_B in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-21-2006, 07:59 PM
-
By dobell in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 11:54 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By johnnygrend in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 10:49 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99