Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to configure my wireless network?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2

    How to configure my wireless network?

    Dear all

    I have a problem when i try to configure my wireless network for my notebook. I boot with Knoppix 3.7 and it sees my Atheros 5001x mini-pci card. I tried to change /etc/network/interfaces so that i can use ifup and ifdown to connect to my router. but i couldn't save it after the change.

    What should I do? or if you have other better way to connect to network, please give me your detail suggestion as well. I am new to Linux.

    Thank you very much for your help.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    65
    I have a problem when i try to configure my wireless network for my notebook. I boot with Knoppix 3.7 and it sees my Atheros 5001x mini-pci card. I tried to change /etc/network/interfaces so that i can use ifup and ifdown to connect to my router. but i couldn't save it after the change.
    open a root terminal
    cp /etc/network/interfaces . #notice the period,copies to your pwd
    vim interfaces #edit the file and save it
    rm -f /etc/network/interfaces
    cp interfaces /etc/network
    /etc/init.d/network restart
    If you save this file to a thumb drive,you can reuse it.

    The easy way
    open a root terminal
    iwconfig ath0 essid "yourssid" channel 6 mode managed key XX:XX:XX:XX:XX #if not using wep,delete key and change mode to open
    pump -i ath0
    pump -i ath0 -s #should give you some info

    If it doesn't work,try "ifconfig ath0 up" before the iwconfig command.This shouldn't be neccessary,though.
    Pump is a dhcp client,btw.

    man interfaces
    man iwconfig
    man ifconfig
    man pump

    If you read the above manual pages,you shouldn't have any problems.
    If something doesn't work,be sure to paste any error messages when posting.

    Have Fun

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2
    thank you very much.

Similar Threads

  1. I CANT CONFIGURE WIRELESS
    By RHCA in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 06:09 PM
  2. How to configure network??
    By thefastone in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 09:40 PM
  3. configure network card
    By shantanuo in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 05:52 AM
  4. needed to configure network printer.....
    By ira in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 04:43 AM
  5. Do I have to configure my network card everytime?
    By ptesone in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 08:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025

$22.00



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$69.00



ST16000NM002G Seagate Exos X16 16TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 512e/4Kn 3.5” HDD picture

ST16000NM002G Seagate Exos X16 16TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 512e/4Kn 3.5” HDD

$295.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION* picture

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*

$319.79



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59