-
knoppix 3.7 no go on hp ze4560 laptop
I installed knoppix on my desktop no problems, works beautiful.
I took my same cd and attempted to install on my laptop but after the computer posts and I press a key to boot from the cd-rom it just hangs.
Other linux distro's boot up (fedora install cd) and also winxp cd that came with laptop also boots from the cd-rom drive. Does anyone know
of any issues with HP laptops?
-
Some of these laptops had problems with acpi and local apic support.
Try the following cheatcodes
linux26 nolapic #this one should work
linux26 noapic
as a last resort
linux26 noacpi
If your onboard nic doesn't work,add the noscsi option.
Good Luck
-
Junior Member
registered user
I had to type:
fb1024x768
to get mine to 'not hang'.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
my ze4240 needs cheat codes since about 3.3 or 3.4, didn't before that. I use knoppix noscsi acpi=off
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am running the exact same model. Here's the boot options I use:
boot: knoppix26 fb1024x768
That should get you into graphical mode just fine. I'm starting a thread for this and some other issues i have solved on my own.
Similar Threads
-
By sowthpaw in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-21-2007, 10:20 PM
-
By MSTGGT00 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
-
By pnoori in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 08:59 AM
-
By dirty30ex in forum Laptops
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:05 PM
-
By Nthline in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99