Just installed it on the hard disk. For the first time I got the ACPI working! My laptop is not more
a phon and it can even be powered off from Linux!! Marvels of the 2.6.1 kernel.
I have only a couple of issues.
1. For some reasons he recognizes the mouse as a generic PS/2 wheel mouse when actually
it is a generic PS/2 mouse with three buttons and no wheel: I guess this is the reason why
it does not work. How do I configure it properly?
2. I have an external hard drive, formatted as FAT32 and connected via USB1.1.
If I boot with the hard drive connected it is recognized and it appears on the desktop
as sda1. However if I plug in the drive after the boot it does not appear on the
desktop. How do I access it in this case?
I have a question too. I plan to buy an external DVD burner (a standard Dual Layer
model): are there any known issues? Should I expect it work out of the box or
will it require some tuning?
(background: I have used Red Hat and Mandrake for years, but never with a
Debian distribution before, so if there is something pretty much Debian specific
keep in mind that I may be not familiar with it).
Anyway, I am really really impressed with Knoppix, I tried many distributions
on this laptop and Knoppix is the only one who worked with the ACPI
management! Kudos to Klaus Knopper and all the community!
Michele Simionatol[/i]

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
HP Z800 Workstation x2 Intel Xeon E5630 8GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD/OS
$199.99