-
Junior Member
registered user
error when trying to insstall software with APT
Hello,
Installed Knoppix on my hard drive since it was the only distro that almost effortlesy recognized my wireless card.
The problem happen when I try to install software using APT.
I did APT-GET update then upgrade.
this is the result when I try to install Mozill Firefox.
below is sceen output...
root@maple:/home/nick# apt-get install mozilla-firefox
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
libpng12-0 libpng12-dev
Suggested packages:
mozilla-firefox-gnome-support latex-xft-fonts xprt-xprintorg
The following NEW packages will be installed:
mozilla-firefox
The following packages will be upgraded:
libpng12-0 libpng12-dev
2 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 444 not upgraded.
Need to get 9808kB of archives.
After unpacking 27.0MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main libpng12-dev 1.2.8rel-1 [245kB]
Get:2 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main libpng12-0 1.2.8rel-1 [115kB]
Get:3 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main mozilla-firefox 1.0+dfsg.1-2 [9448kB]
Fetched 9808kB in 1m11s (137kB/s)
(Reading database ... dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libpng12-dev_1.2.8rel-1_i386.deb (--unpack):
files list file for package `libgtk2.0-common' is missing final newline
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libpng12-dev_1.2.8rel-1_i386.deb
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
root@maple:/home/nick# dfff -h
bash: dfff: command not found
root@maple:/home/nick# df -f
df: invalid option -- f
Try `df --help' for more information.
tried this to see if I had space left ....
root@maple:/home/nick# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1 5.8G 2.3G 3.3G 41% /
I have no Idea what all this means. Anyne have any ideaas?
thanks
NGS
-
Senior Member
registered user
Looks like a problem with the package from http://ftp.de.debian.org. Either it did not download properly or the package is broken. Try deleting the package /var/cache/apt/archives/libpng12-dev_1.2.8rel-1_i386.deb then redo the apt-get install command. If this does not work, try 'apt-get -t unstable install mozilla-firefox' (or apt-get -t stable install mozilla-firefox) to get a different package from unstable or stable instead of testing or change your sources list from 'http://ftp.de.debian.org' to 'http://ftp.debian.org' (edit /etc/apt/sources.list). Apt-get update again, of course.
-
The same problem with frozen-bubble-data
I have tried everything with apt-get that are mentioned in these forums
but I still get the same error message
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
frozen-bubble is removed but it is the frozen-bubble-data that breaks everything.
I've tried to install the stable, unstable, changed sources and tried the --purge command
I can't install anything because of this, please help
-
Try this: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=49772 for frozen-bubble.
For libgtk2.0-common, just wait a day for it to get hopefully fixed.
-
frozen-bubble drama
I was all set to start all over again for the millionth time when I came across this(taken me all day to find it mind). Thankyou and goodnight
Similar Threads
-
By explorer in forum Klik
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2005, 12:16 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By Doc in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 06:43 AM
-
By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00