-
Senior Member
registered user
Install Knoppix & WinXP on the same HD
Hello....I have a dual boot installation of Knoppix and Winxp on my computer. Each OS has its own hard drive. I had Winxp on my main HDD and put in a second HDD with Knoppix. No problem with the install....just had to edit LILO. What I want to do now is, I am getting a new 20G hard drive for my laptop. I want to make a 10G partition for Winxp and use the remaining space for Knoppix. I have never done a dual boot install using one hard drive. I will do the following:
1. partition the 20G drive with one 10G partition for Winxp
2. Install Winxp to that 10G partition
3. Use cfdisk or qtparted to make 3 partitions for KNOPPIX on remaining space on hard drive; 1 partition for the OS, 1 partition for SWAP and 1 partition for storage.
4. Install KNOPPIX
5. Edit LILO
It should go OK.....I never installed Windows to a partitioned drive before so I hope that goes OK. Also I need a refresher on how to edit LILO for dual boot on a single HDD. I would think the Windows partition will be HDA1 and the KNOPPIX partition [with the OS] will be HDA2....and LILO should be written to HDA1.....Then the dual boot screen should come up and work. Am I mostly correct on this?????
Thanks...bob
Similar Threads
-
By thebeing in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2007, 11:22 PM
-
By outlawX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:42 AM
-
By Oceany in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By Shenr0n in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 01:32 AM
-
By wardialer in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$352.73

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$29.99