-
more problems with locales, help!
Hello,
I'm new to the whole forum thing so I apolozige in advance if I'm doing something wrong or asking the wrong group... anyway here is my problem
I have installed Knoppix 3.2 on my sony laptop pcg-grv680 after having problems with RedHat 8.0 & 7.3 and it seems to work great! with a few minor exceptions... this one here being the big problem
I had a problem installing locales and tried several of the suggestions I read here including editing the /etc/locale.gen file. I tried to remove it too... I don't know when the actual problem I'm have now started but basically when I try to add a package it starts
Setting up locales (2.3.1-16) ...
Generating locales...
en_US.ISO-8859-1...
But it hangs here... It uses 99% of cpu and after several minutes I typed <cntr> C to stop it. I can't seem to configure it or remove it or install it or anything... Anyone know what I can do to fix or atleast get back to the problem where it does not work but does not hang forever? Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By mschievano in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:21 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 05:44 AM
-
By maltta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

MICRON 32Gb 2x 16GB MTA18ASF2G72PDZ 2RX8 PC4-2400T Server Memory Ram
$150.00

Patriot Viper Elite II 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
$826.87

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99