-
New applications
First Knoppix is superb, for the first time after Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE 8 and 9,1 my SBlive digtal works!, at least in Knoppix26, and all the disks, external
disks, even the USB card reader, are recognised and accessible. My internet access is by cable modem from a network card. as soon as I clicked on web adress
on konqueror, there it was: magic.
My next probem is to install new applications. I am particularly interested in lyx, the latex front end. I have used this on SuSE and also on windows but would
like it on knoppix. I don't understanded how it can be installed on a system which is mostlay on CD. I it possble to hold everything on the home
directory which is saved to disk? or do I have to put Knoppix on the hard disk? If so how do I do it or where can I find the info?
Thanks Alan.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can 'load' programmes in LiveCD mode by configuring a Persistent Home. I use a 256MB Pend Drive for this and then use Klik to load programmes.
drb
-
Thanks I'll try that.
alan
Similar Threads
-
By babelbrennt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-06-2005, 11:24 PM
-
By HappyPaul in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 04:25 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By Aspren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 04:51 AM
-
By folio in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh
$239.99

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Wyse Terminal Wy-50 With Cherry Mx Keyboard Vintage CRT Monitor WORKS
$299.00

Vintage 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive Cleaning Kit Lot (1 Scotch 3M + 1 Verbatim) NOS
$49.00

VINTAGE 16" BLACK NYLON IBM THINKPAD NOTEBOOK LAPTOP MESSENGER CARRYING CASE BAG
$32.95
![Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture](/store/img/g/EhEAAOSwg7ZnexmU/s-l225/Apple-Macintosh-Boot-Disk-System-1-0-8-0-400-800k-.jpg)
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$14.75

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59