Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New applications

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Rugby, England
    Posts
    2

    New applications

    First Knoppix is superb, for the first time after Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE 8 and 9,1 my SBlive digtal works!, at least in Knoppix26, and all the disks, external
    disks, even the USB card reader, are recognised and accessible. My internet access is by cable modem from a network card. as soon as I clicked on web adress
    on konqueror, there it was: magic.
    My next probem is to install new applications. I am particularly interested in lyx, the latex front end. I have used this on SuSE and also on windows but would
    like it on knoppix. I don't understanded how it can be installed on a system which is mostlay on CD. I it possble to hold everything on the home
    directory which is saved to disk? or do I have to put Knoppix on the hard disk? If so how do I do it or where can I find the info?

    Thanks Alan.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    135
    You can 'load' programmes in LiveCD mode by configuring a Persistent Home. I use a 256MB Pend Drive for this and then use Klik to load programmes.

    drb

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Rugby, England
    Posts
    2
    Thanks I'll try that.
    alan

Similar Threads

  1. applications-what where
    By babelbrennt in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 11:24 PM
  2. Installing Applications
    By HappyPaul in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 04:25 AM
  3. add nvu and web applications ?
    By juklkj in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:39 AM
  4. No Applications on Install
    By Aspren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 04:51 AM
  5. Speed of applications
    By folio in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Intel SR19H Xeon E5-2697 v2 2.7GHz 12-Core 30MB LGA2011 Server CPU picture

Intel SR19H Xeon E5-2697 v2 2.7GHz 12-Core 30MB LGA2011 Server CPU

$43.96



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD picture

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD

$249.00