Hi:

I happento install Knoppix 3.6 on my second HD as a Debian installation. The installation towards the end started displaying errors saying not enough disk space to erase temp fils. and to create a device map.

Original Lilo boot screen

Linux
Lnux 2.4.1
Linux 2.6.1

Other WinXP

I changed this to Win XP
Linux 2.6.1

I have some problems, Linux logs on and starts the root login and brings the desktop after completion.
But with the user setup already created it just hangs up as I guess there is no device map ( I dont see the Boot screen where KDE 3.4 is initialized in User case)

Some errors I found are here


XFREE86 shut down (USer case)
/var/log/XFree86.0.log

skipping /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLCoe.a: m_debug_clip.o No symbol found

m_debug__norm.o No symbol found

m_debug_XForm.o No symbol found

m_debug_Vertex.o No symbol found

Error Loading keymap /var/temp/Server.o.xkm

Some errors that show up at startup

shpchp -> Cant be loaded (missing Kernel or user mode devices)

pcichp -> Cant be loaded (missing Kernel or user mode devices)


Please help me setup a correct user mode, and setup US Robotics 56k Modem

Thanks,

AJ