I assume you're asking how to boot to a smaller window manager. At the boot prompt, type:
knoppix desktop= fluxbox
or any of the other window managers:
fluxbox, icewm, kde, larswm, twm, wmaker, xfce
I've loaded knoppix on a small laptop that only has 32 meg of ram...I am impressed! I tried gentoo, debian and couldn't get either of those to boot. The knoppix does.
With such a small amount of memory i need to boot without Kdesktop. Can someone tell me how to that? or in a minimal mode. or perhaps kill kdesktop and go to just a terminal mode?
I'd like to get webmin, maybe samba, and apache on this little guy if possible and manage it all with webmin.
Thanks
I assume you're asking how to boot to a smaller window manager. At the boot prompt, type:
knoppix desktop= fluxbox
or any of the other window managers:
fluxbox, icewm, kde, larswm, twm, wmaker, xfce

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98