-
Kaffeine on hd-install
Friends,
Here's how I installed Kaffeine, a real nice KDE media player based on Xine, on a Knoppix 3.3 hard drive install.
Get the latest Mandrake rpm here:
http://vgroup3.ath.cx/progs/linux/vi...0.4-1.i386.rpm
Open a terminal and use alien -d "package" to make a .deb. After installing, you will also have to apt-get install libpng3 to meet a hidden dependency.
Kaffeine will play all movie and music files, melds nicely with KDE, is easy to use and configure and, so far, quite stable. Also comes with a plug-in to preview complete/incomplete DIVX/XVID movies right in Konquorer -- sweet.
Enjoy.
Rick
-
Senior Member
registered user
Kaffeine Deb
I also use Xanrdos (not as good as Knoppix) and you can get Kaffeine from here in deb format:
http://support.xandros.com/downloads...contrib/andrew
sakiZ
-
From the Kaffeine pages:
Code:
apt-get install kaffeine kaffeine-mozilla
Much easier
--GN
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
gnarvaja
From the
Kaffeine pages:
Code:
apt-get install kaffeine kaffeine-mozilla
Much easier
--GN
Agreed. Don't use the rpm just use apt to grab the deb and resolve possible dependencies.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Kaffeine without Mozilla!
Ok great!
However, I did not want it as a plug in for Mozilla
So I just used
apt-get install kaffeine.
-
Re: Kaffeine without Mozilla!

Originally Posted by
sakiZ
However, I did not want it as a plug in for Mozilla
So I just used
apt-get install kaffeine.
You can always do:
Code:
apt-get remove <package>
BTW, looking into other tools I came accross aptitude, I find it much easier to use than dselect as a char based UI to apt-get.
--GN
-
Senior Member
registered user
Newer Version Is Out
I downloaded and installed the .5 RC2-2 version. I used a debian link to down load it.
Type Kaffeine into Yahoo or Google look for the links.
It's a winner!!!
saziZ
-
Mmm, your still not liking apt, are you?
markus@fujibox:~$ apt-cache policy kaffeine
kaffeine:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 0.4.92+0.5rc2-2
Version Table:
0.4.92+0.5rc2-2 0
990 ftp://ftp.fi.debian.org unstable/main Packages
-
kaffeine
granted using apt is more challenging and perhaps more fun; but why not just use synaptic or kpackage to get this (and most other programs)?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 06:10 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Power Supply
$3650.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89