Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix-Installer Not Working

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274

    Knoppix-Installer Not Working

    Ok, I just booted with the cheat code string knoppix26 noswap DMA splash twice, and KDE launched both times. However, knoppix-installer didn't work. It just ran through the same lines of code about a bazillion times and didn't stop until I quit the shell. If I can get knoppix-installer to work, then I can use alien to open a modem driver in .rpm format, and I might not ever have to touch Windows again! I mean, I've got a debian package for Cedega ready to go, if I can get knoppix-installer and KDE to work, I'm free from evil corporate ties! I had a big problem with KDE, my thread on that is here:http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16817 I started getting on the installer things, and they told me I should post here.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16
    The command you need is sudo konppix-installer.

Similar Threads

  1. Is knoppix-installer-latest-web from 5.0.1 DVD not working?
    By knopnet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 05:41 PM
  2. knoppinx-installer not working properly
    By newbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 05:36 PM
  3. no installer in knoppix 3.6??
    By Danielx11 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:03 PM
  4. Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2
    By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU picture

Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU

$162.95



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V picture

Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V

$115.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$150.00