i have the same type of problems with my card.... it wont allow me to set essid and wep key. i am able to actuly get it working with out encrpytion but that is not what i want at all
I'm trying to get wireless working on Linux.
I've a Intel 2100 built in Wireless and i think it's supported on this linux version.
I've executed wavelan and setup all as i do on windows. (SSID, WEP)
Any help aviable to one that doesn't know how possible can this work ???
I would preciate a step by step as i am starting using linux.
There is any app to activate or deactivate the wlan ???
is wep encrypted and the ssid bradcast is disable.
I tried this:
Code:iwlist eth1 scanning eth1 Scan completed : Cell 01 - Address: 00:0D:88:99:47:D5 ESSID:"" Mode:Master Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6) Bit Rate:1 Mb/s Bit Rate:2 Mb/s Bit Rate:5.5 Mb/s Bit Rate:11 Mb/s Bit Rate:22 Mb/s Quality=65/100 Signal level=-33 dBm Noise level=-98 dBm Encryption key:on iwconfig eth1 eth1 IEEE 802.11b ESSID:"" Nickname:"ipw2100" Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00 Bit Rate=0 kb/s Tx-Power=32 dBm Retry:on RTS thr=2304 B Fragment thr:off Encryption key:off Power Management:off Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:158 Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0 Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0Code:iwconfig eth1 essid <myessid> iwconfig eth1 eth1 IEEE 802.11b ESSID:"" Nickname:"ipw2100" Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00 Bit Rate=0 kb/s Tx-Power=32 dBm Retry:on RTS thr=2304 B Fragment thr:off Encryption key:off Power Management:off Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:158 Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0 Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
I think the problem is on essid and wep
Any help ?
i have the same type of problems with my card.... it wont allow me to set essid and wep key. i am able to actuly get it working with out encrpytion but that is not what i want at all
At least you got Knoppix to detect your wirless card. I can't get knoppix to detect my wireless. I can lwconfig, ndiswrapper, etc. but no luck. It doesn't even see it at the start up. How did you get it to work? any help would be appreciated.

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99
SanDisk Optimus GX 7100 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD Heatsink
$150.00
Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC
$119.99