Try a 'modprobe tulip'
I have not personally had success with this command, but I know it is related to starting network interface modules in the kernel.
I booted to knoppix in failsafe mode because some hardware issue was keeping me from booting normally. Since i'm in safe mode my pcmcia network card isn't working.
ifconfig -a gives me
lo Link encap:local loopback
inet addr:127.0.0..1 ,ask 255.255.255.0
and no eth0
ifconfig eth0 says eth0 : error fetching interface info: device not found.
can someone help me configure/setup this pcmcia wired network card. or point me to some docs that might help
\thanks
Try a 'modprobe tulip'
I have not personally had success with this command, but I know it is related to starting network interface modules in the kernel.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99
Yealink T46G Verizon IP Phone, 16-Line Speakerphone, USB, Black
$32.00