Try a 'modprobe tulip'
I have not personally had success with this command, but I know it is related to starting network interface modules in the kernel.
I booted to knoppix in failsafe mode because some hardware issue was keeping me from booting normally. Since i'm in safe mode my pcmcia network card isn't working.
ifconfig -a gives me
lo Link encap:local loopback
inet addr:127.0.0..1 ,ask 255.255.255.0
and no eth0
ifconfig eth0 says eth0 : error fetching interface info: device not found.
can someone help me configure/setup this pcmcia wired network card. or point me to some docs that might help
\thanks
Try a 'modprobe tulip'
I have not personally had success with this command, but I know it is related to starting network interface modules in the kernel.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99