Type in console exactly:
sudo knoppix-installer
I just installed 3.7, it worked. If you use upper case letters it won't work.
The new release of knoppix has confused me, for days i have been reformatting my computer and trying new commands to get the installation to work but all tries have failed, i have been told to use knx-hdinstall, Knoppix-Installer, and Sudo Knoppix-installer but all have not worked. It tells me the command does not exist so i need to know what command i need to use for knoppix 3.7 to install it to my hard drive. I really like knoppix and need it on my systems because it's simple to use.
Type in console exactly:
sudo knoppix-installer
I just installed 3.7, it worked. If you use upper case letters it won't work.
Why don't you click <K><KNOPPIX><ROOT SHELL>
Then, in the shell type: knoppix-installer
and follow the instructions from there. Always works for me. I've been hdinstalling KNOPPIX on about 50 PCs every time there's a new ISO for years now!
HTH,
AJG
the problem is that you're using capital letters. You have to type the command in without any capitalization at all.
foamrotreturns, you answered my VERY simple problem, i kept capitolizing knoppix. THANK YOU TONS.
No problem! Glad I could help! I was a newbie only a few months ago, and I felt your pain immediately. Be sure to look into tab-completion too. It's the greatest shortcut ever made. When you're typing in a command, get the first 3-4 letters and then hit the tab key. If it doesn't complete the rest of the filename for you, hit it again and it will give you a list of all the files/commands that start with those letters. Continue typing till you get to the point where the filename/command is unique, and then hit the tab key again and it will complete the command for you. Cool, huh?Originally Posted by PTMuplink

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99