Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to install True Type Fonts?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14

    How to install True Type Fonts?

    Note: I'm using knoppix 3.6

    I installed ttf-xfree86-nonfree true type font package using synaptic GUI for apt. I did the following as stated in
    /usr/share/doc/ttf-xfree86-nonfree/README.Debian

    I added the follwoing lines to XF86Config:

    FontPath "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
    FontPath "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"

    I added the following to XftConfig:

    dir "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
    dir "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"

    What do I need to do next?

    I would like to be able to select the fonts in KDE. Can I use KDE Control Center to select them?

    If you can give a step by step explanation since I'm a wrather newbie to Linux, about one year experience with Redhat 9.

    I appreciate any effort that you might make in trying to help me out.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2

    Not an answer, but here's what didn't work for me.

    I tried installing msttcorefonts on klik, but it wouldn't work -- "update-ms-fonts can only be run as root"

    Then I tried doing it this way:
    http://rsgibson.com/linuxfonts.htm
    with the ttmkfdir, but I got an error about the thing as being only read only. Sigh.

Similar Threads

  1. TRUE AND REAL TO-HD INSTALL
    By chris_Xnest in forum Ideas
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:35 AM
  2. True Type Fonts?
    By JockVSJock in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 02:30 PM
  3. Using True Type fonts
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2003, 07:38 PM
  4. Is it Possible to Use True Type Fonts?
    By primetime in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 05:02 AM
  5. HOWTO: Install true type fonts in Knoppix
    By aay in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2002, 08:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$128.96



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08