this app tends to disappear for no apparent reason. Sometimes it'll run for 3 hours, sometimes 15 minutes.
I only saw it go down once but it didn't appear related to my input.
I checked gtk-gnutella's page and bug reports, but no one else is reporting this problem.
I remember this happening with most builds of the program across the Knoppixes I've used.
I did the hd Knoppix install and upgraded to Sid each time.
I *love* Knoppix. It was my intro to linux. I use it as a rescue disk at work, where people look at you funny when you say linux. I now run it as my primary OS at work and home, with a M$ box there simply because I have to support it.
Guess which one has to be rebooted all the time?
thanks,
jeff

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00